MeeboBar

Monday, November 9, 2009

Halburton Forest

Had been back for a long time, didn't remember to update my post :P

I had tons of fun, and of course, I hiked around Haliburton (a lot).

Day 1:
The first day was actually the most relaxing, as we only stayed at Base Camp (didn't actually start hiking yet).

Day 2:
The 2nd day was the toughest, hiking ~16 km to our next camping destination.
After arriving at 1st Camp, we sat round for a while, since we arrived at around 2:20 p.m. After regaining most of our energy, we set our tents, gathered wood, and cooked dinner :D

Day 3:
Hiking to Wolf Lake, another ~10-15 km from 1st Camp. At 2nd Camp, my body had already adapted to the amount of workload, and did not need to rest as long as I did during Day 2. As usual, wood was gathered to cook dinner, and between the gathering of wood, making the fire, and cooking dinner, we had some time to play some cards with my tripmates.

Day 4:
The easiest part of our entire trip. We were only ~5 km from Base Camp, so I had an "easy ending" to my trip. I think I would rather take on the most difficult parts at the beginning than at the end (since the 3 days of hiking would tire out my body already).

This trip was surprisingly fun, now that I look back and reflect upon it. I might do it again, but I would definitely dogsled again (Gr 10 trip)

No comments: